Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weebly

We worked on creating our own website (on weebly.com) using the same process as the wiki and the blog, though it is beginning to feel tedious constantly signing up for more accounts that I honestly don't want. It was interesting and would be a great assignment in a high school environment. I would imagine the students would pick a topic they liked and knew a great deal about, and created their own website dedicated to this topic for assessment, I'd most likely use this in an English class. I don't really think I personally want to have a website of my own at the present time, though it may be something to look into in the future. I like that I now know how to create my own website so in the future I could revisit this idea and see where it takes me. My youngest brother had his own web page designed by the time he was 12. It isn't academic though he enjoys editing it in his free time for his own amusement. Obviously this is something that can be achieved by people of all ages, the only problems I can foresee with using this tool in schools would be age restrictions and the limit of a person's imagination.

=)

- Kyah xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the limitations of the Weebly and imagination of some students but i think if kids are brought together collaboratively to work on a single website that this could be a great tool for presenting information about a personally selected topic that the class can then all go look and learn something new from each different weebly.

    ReplyDelete